Melbourne City Ballet is a full time classical ballet company based in Coburg, Victoria. The organisation is focused on developing classical ballet throughout metropolitan, regional and remote areas of Australia, at ticket prices affordable to most audiences. Our artists are some of the finest dancers within the country, known for their strength and diversity of movement, and promote actively the need for artists to have access to a healthy studio environment to facilitate their career.
As a company, Melbourne City Ballet is passionate about creating more opportunities for up and coming performers, while creating collaborative relationships with other artists, theatres, corporate entities and festivals to establish a new trend for ballet within Australia. Our company operates throughout the full year providing performances through regional and metropolitan areas. Melbourne City Ballet are very fortunate to boast a diverse repertoire of contemporary and neoclassical works while also maintaining traditional classical repertoire.
In additional to our performance company, our programs are designed to work alongside upcoming performer's training with a focus on enhancing their performance skills. Melbourne City Ballet currently offer a significant number of programs to develop upcoming artists, these consist of our Junior Extension Program, Elite Part Time & Full Time Program, Finishing Year (Pre-Professional) and Melbourne City Youth Ballet. These programs are designed to educate in the areas of polishing, professional experience and performance respectively. Melbourne City Ballet strongly believes in the benefits of gaining experience with industry professions and our supportive programs assist us to do so.
As with any successful brand, Melbourne City Ballet is supported by a wide range of sponsors who assist us to reach our goals. These sponsors are a vital part to our organisation and Melbourne City Ballet strongly upholds the belief of our sponsors being a part of our organisation family. Melbourne City Ballet takes pride in our strong relationships that we have established with our sponsors who in turn have shown great support. Our organisation has also been very fortunate to receive the support of Moreland Council who have worked with the company to assist us achieve our goals.
Company Arts & Operations Staff
- Artistic Director - Michael Pappalardo
- Executive Director - Sean Memery
- Creative Industries - Brendan Bradshaw
- Melbourne City Youth Ballet - Yuiko Masukawa
- Community Development & Partnerships Manager - Lee-anne Harrison
- Marketing Manager - Alison Russell
- Resident Artist - Isabella Gemmell-Morgan
- Costume Creation & Design - Charlotte Price
- Costume Supply - PW Dance & Sportswear
- Photographic Imagery - National Photography
- Health & Conditioning Specialists - Jurmaine Health & Anna Tetlow Pilates
- Cosmetics/Make Up Design - Gorgeous Cosmetics/Hub Make Up
- Fitness Trainers - Snap Fitness
- Kalman Warhaft
- Kyle Davies
Friends of the Ballet
- Chair - Diane Fouracre
Board Members - MCB Incorporated
- Chair - Jeannette Clothier
- Treasurer - Frine Newman
- Secretary - Tara Taege
- Committee Members - Dr Judy Tang, Dr Shermain Wong & Francis Hill